Start your own business the only startup book you'll ever need
Tapping into more than 33 years of small business expertise, the staff at Entrepreneur Media takes today's entrepreneurs beyond opening their doors and through the first three years of ownership. This revised edition features amended chapters on choosing a business, adding partners, getting fun...
|Corporate Authors:||Entrepreneur Media, Inc.|
|Format:||Books Print Book|
Irvine, California :
Table of Contents:
- Taking the plunge: Get ready to be an entrepreneur
- Good idea!: How to get an idea for your business
- Good timing: Should you launch your business part or full time?
- Build it or buy it?: Starting a business vs. buying one
- Choose your target: Defining your market
- If you build it, will they come?: Conducting market research
- The name game: Naming your business
- Make it legal: Choosing a business structure
- Plan of attack: Creating a winning business plan
- Call in the pros: Hiring a lawyer and an accountant
- All in the family: Financing starts with yourself and friends and relatives
- Nothing ventured, nothing gained: How to find and attract investors
- Looking for loans: The ins and outs of debt financing
- Fed funds: How to get government loans
- What's your deal?: Negotiating successfully / Cliff Ennico
- Site seeking: Choosing a location for your business
- Looking good: Creating a professional image
- Stock answers: The lowdown on inventory
- It's in the mail: Setting up mailing systems
- Charging ahead: Offering your customers credit
- Cover your assets: Getting business insurance
- Staff smarts: Hiring employees
- Perk up: Setting employee policies and benefits
- Buyer's guide: Business equipment basics
- Business 24/7: Using technology to boost your productivity
- Net works: Building your company website
- Keep in touch: Using technology to stay connected
- Brand aid: Building a brand
- Marketing genius: Advertising and marketing your business
- Talking points: How to promote your business
- Sell it!: Effective selling techniques
- Now serving: Offering superior customer service
- Net sales: Online advertising and marketing
- Social studies: Social media marketing
- Can you relate?: Social media networking
- Keeping score: The basics of bookkeeping / J. Tol Broome Jr.
- Making a statement: How to create financial statements / J. Tol Broome Jr.
- On the money: Effectively managing your finances / J. Tol Broome Jr.
- Pay day: How to pay yourself
- Tax talk: What you need to know about your taxes / Joan Szabo
- Appendix: Business and government resources.