On your case a comprehensive, compassionate (and only slightly bossy) legal guide for every stage of a woman's life
|Main Author:||Green, Lisa (Lawyer) (Author)|
|Format:||Books Print Book|
New York, NY :
William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollinsPublishers,
Go to Downloadable eBook Here.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: Your friend at the bar
- One: Relationships and the law. Launching a relationship : when is online over the line? ; Cohabitation : does practice make perfect? ; Marriage basics ; Common-law marriage ; Civil unions and domestic partnerships ; Prenuptial (and postnuptial) agreements ; Four-prong problems : who keeps the engagement ring?
- Two: Separation and divorce. Separation without anxiety ; All about annulment ; Divorce : getting started ; Divorce : property and support ; Child custody ; Child support ; Fighting over Fido : the pain of pet custody disputes ; DIY, mediation, and collaborative divorce
- Three: Babies, children, and teens. Making babies ; Adoption ; School support ; Advocating for a special needs child ; Your misbehaving teens ; Campus safety
- Four: Employment issues. On the job ; Household help
- Five: Protecting yourself. Online essentials ; Domestic violence
- Six: Later life issues. Taking charge I : medical decisions and powers of attorney ; Taking charge II: estate planning ; Managing Mom, Dad, and other older loved ones
- Seven: Finding legal help. Hiring a lawyer, or doing it yourself.