Divorce & money make the best financial decisions during divorce
Financial decisions can feel downright impossible when you're in the midst of a divorce. Woodhouse and Guillen show you how to divide assets during your divorce, and help you avoid making financial mistakes that could affect you for the rest of your life. Updated with the latest tax figures and...
|Main Authors:||Woodhouse, Violet, 1948- (Author), Guillen, Lina (Author)|
|Format:||Books Print Book|
Berkeley, California :
- Introduction: Your financial companion during divorce
- Legal vs. financial realities of divorce
- Financial realities no one talks about
- Emotional divorce : managing the "money crazies"
- The hardest part : is my marriage really over?
- The separation : what happens when one spouse moves out?
- Closing the books : what do we do with joint property?
- Getting help : who can I turn to?
- Financial fact-finding : what must I know and when must I know it?
- Facing the future : what must I plan for?
- Protecting against risks to life, health, and property
- Taxes : how do I file and pay?
- Property and expenses : who owns and who owes what?
- What will happen to the house?
- Retirement benefits : who gets what?
- Financial investments : how do we divide the portfolio pie?
- Evaluating employee benefits and stock options
- How will we divide debts?
- Child support or alimony : what might I pay or receive?
- Negotiating and finalizing the best possible settlement
- After the divorce : how do I get from "we" to "me"?